Top Ten Questions About Laser Tattoo Removal
It can be nerve racking to enter that tattoo removal clinic. Suddenly, the memories brought about by the tattoo you want to erase, flash before your eyes.
Though the memories are mostly unpleasant, the thought of having your tattoo removed can often make you turn around and go home. Before you do, think about knowing the procedure well.
Since you want to have that significant change, you should understand the essentials of the tattoo removal procedure. There is no better way to do this than to find out what tattoo removal patients usually ask:
1. Is tattoo removal expensive?
During consultation, be sure to ask what services are included in the amount given to you. See if there are treatment packages that can be compatible to your budget.
2. Will it take long to remove the tattoo? To analyze the number of treatments needed for the tattoo removal, the Kirby-Desai scale is often the popular tool. This scale involves the following factors that affect the length of removal per patient:
- The ink colors used
- The amount of ink or the vividness of tattoo
- Any pre-existing re-existing scars
- Location of the tattoo on the patient’s body
- A Fitzpatrick skin type
- Tattoo layering or if the tattoo was covered up by another tattoo
3. What are the possible side effects? Some side effects should be expected. This way, the patient would not be shocked. Here are some of them:
4. Will it hurt?
Laser tattoo removal involves some pain, but many patients say that the pain is less than they anticipated. You can always ask the professional tattoo remover to numb the affected area before he treatment starts.
5. Is it possible for you to revise my tattoo?
Some people do not want their tattoos removed entirely. They could just want some parts altered. This is where selective removal comes in.
6. Will the treatment leave a nasty scar?
The scar during the tattoo’s application will remain. Only the ink is removed during laser tattoo removal.
7. How exactly does the body eliminate the shattered ink?
Your body will remove the shattered tattoo pigments by flushing it out with fluids.
8. How does the laser remove the tattoo ink?
This involves two processes:
- First, the tattoo pigments will absorb the laser and then shatter into many pieces.
- Seconds, the fast pulse of the laser assists in the shattering.
9. Do tattoo removal injections and creams work?
Injections are highly damaging to the skin. Chemical burns and severe scarring usually result from tattoo removal injections. On the other hand, there is still no evidence that magic tattoo removal creams work.
10. Why do I need more than one treatment?
Each laser tattoo removal session focuses on a specific layer of tattoo ink. This is known as ink density. Thinner layers are easier to remove. Expect the thicker layers to take longer.
Always be ready to ask your questions to professional tattoo removers. This way, you can have a clear picture of what you need to face.